So i thought i would create a banner with all the characters on it.
It features Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen, Josh Hutcherson as Peeta Mellark, Liam Hemsworth as Gale Hawthorne, Woody Harrelson as Haymitch Abernathy, Elizabeth Banks as Effie Trinket, Lenny Kravitz as Cinna, Amandla Stenberg as Rue, and Alexander Ludwig as Cato.
James McAvoy (Wanted) has been cast as young Professor Charles Xavier in X-Men: First Class. So what does this mean for Patrick Stewart? Very little is know about the movie. Is it a reboot or just an origins story? There was once talk of a Magneto origins… but now it seems as if they will be combining the two, which could be the reason for casting McAvoy (who is only 31).
Edited image of James McAvoy as Professor X who has been cast in the X-MEN: First Class film
The film is being directed by Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass) and produced by former X-Men director Bryan Singer.
Release Date: June 2, 2011
OK, Like all the other networks NBC has announced their new shows for next year. Now why am I only focusing on NBC’s shows? Its because they are the only ones who have included full length trailers with them. The Survival rate of new shows is very slim. Some might get a full season then pulled while others might only last 2-3 episodes and then die a horrible horrible death. Although with Jay moving back to 11:35. It frees up 5 hours of programing that they need to fill… so its possible some of them might get a better chance then usual.
I have ranked the 11 new shows from what i think looks the best to worst. (click on the name to view trailer)
1. The Event – The most intriguing trailer for a series in a long time. Maybe this could be the new “lost”. Serialized shows can be hit or miss with viewers, I really hope this one is a hit. Chance of of Survival: MED
2. Undercovers – From JJ Abrams, this has a lot of potential, although its hard to see how this show will last. Chance of of Survival: MED
3. Perfect Couples – To me, i thought this looked really funny and has a great Cast. I hope it will be the “modern family” of nbc but i have a feeling this one wont make it past one season. Chance of of Survival:LOW
4. The Cape – So they cancel heroes and instead go with this. It could be good or it could get the Summer Glau curse and be canceled. Chance of of Survival: LOW
5. Outsourced – With the Office possibly ending, this might need to be kept around to fill its spot. looks pretty funny too. Chance of of Survival:MED
6. Chase – pretty much CSI: US Marshall Cop show. Looks entertaining, but honestly… do we really need this show? but america loves these types so it could last. Chance of of Survival:HIGH
7. Outlaw – Courtroom Drama yada yada. Every year we get one of these shows. But this one looks kinda ok. I have no clue how this will pan out. Chance of Survival: MED
8. Love Bites – If you like Sex and the City mixed with B-C list celebs coming in every week this show is for you. I dont think its for me though. Chance of Survival: MED
9. The Paul Reiser Show – Curb your EnReiserasum. Could work but since its on NBC it wont have the “edginess” that curb does. I have a feeling this will fail. Chance of Survival:LOW
10. Friends with Benefits -Honestly, this looks pretty bad. I am a little sad about that considering its from the guys who made 500 Days of Summer (a Movie that i loved. Chance of Survival: LOW
11. Harry’s Law – There is no way I would ever watch this. But who knows, David E Kelley has been successful before. Chance of Survival:MED